Joint Health & Safety Committees and Representatives Online Training
Our e-learning course will introduce the Alberta workforce to joint work site health and safety committees (HSCs) and health and safety representatives (H&S reps). This course was developed to aid employers and employees with their transition to comply with Alberta’s updated Occupational Health & Safety Act.
Did you know? As of June 1, 2018, all Alberta employers must now comply with Bill 30. If you own or run a business, you may need to establish a Joint Work Site Health & Safety Committee. Learn more about Bill 30
UPDATE: Alberta Occupational Health & Safety has now opened the application process for becoming a designated training agency. Click here for more information: Health and Safety Committee/Health and Safety Representative training.
- Occupational Health & Safety Legislation applicable to HSCs and H&S reps
- The effective establishment of a functioning HSC
- The duties of both HSCs and H&S reps
- Hazard recognition, assessment, control and evaluation
- This is an interactive course that uses scenarios and examples from all types of workplaces, concluded by a final exam.